Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Mount Rainier steals my vision! . . .


In the presence of Rainier and her meadows, I frequently lose all power of thought. Gazing on her, I find, is like seeing a lover unclothed for the first time. I’m left speechless and stunned by the majesty of the view. In fact, it seems as though the peak always finds a way to steal my visual capacity away from me, until my eyes are really hers. She is then able - through my vision - to gaze with playful haughtiness on her own amazing beauty! I recognize this phenomenon whenever I feel my awareness gripped by the overwhelming beauty of the setting . . .
 



Photos: (Top) Mount Rainier, Tipsoo Lake and Elderberries; (Middle) Cliff Paintbrush and Mount Rainier; (Bottom) Detail from one of Rainier's glaciers. All three photos were taken in Mount Rainier National Park, WA on August 28-30, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment