Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Echoes Arising Out of Nowhere


Sunday night was magical - sitting on a rock outcrop watching the bull elk bugle and the cow elk mew, alternating with owls hooting and a gentle breeze fingering the leaves of the aspen trees.  Many of the calls - especially those arising from across the meadow - sounded quite ethereal.  To me they seemed like the Great Mystery's never-spoken word of love resounding within the vast meadow of his seamless, spacious awareness.  How could such echoes even arise?  Such is the great mystery of life.

Photo: Bull elk at Moraine Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, September 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment