Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Light of Love Guides Us Within the Night of Faith



One dark night,
Fired with love's urgent longings
- Ah, the sheer grace! -
I went out unseen,
My house being now all stilled . . .
With no other light to guide me
than the one that burned in my heart
This guided me
More surely than the light of noon
To where He waited for me
- Him I knew so well -
In a place where None appeared
O guiding night! . . .
O night that has united
The Lover with His beloved,
Transforming the beloved
in her Lover.

(St. John of the Cross)

Photo: The moon and Venus, not long after sunset. At my campsite, Needles District, Canyonlands National Park, November 26, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment