Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Solitude Reveals Something More Grand Than Man


"It is very dissipating to be with people too much . . . Ah! I need solitude! I have come forth to this hill at sunset to see the forms of the mountains in the horizon – to behold and commune with something grander than man.  Their mere distance . . . is an infinite encouragement."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Horse in the snow at sunset; near Bellvue, CO, November 2, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment