Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is the Birth of God's Silent Fullness Becoming Aware of Itself


"Christ's birth as man is nothing less than the visible expression of his eternal birth as the Word of God in the eternal silence of the Father. Of course, in the Father, silence is the fullness of everything.  This silence - fullness becoming aware of itself - is the Word, God's Son.  Christmas is the celebration of the grace of this eternal birth in us."

Thomas Keating

Photo: Alpenglow on the La Sal Mountains, Canyonlands National Park, UT, November 25, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment