Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Contemplative solitude serves as a reservoir of peace for others.


Alpine lakes often lie on high glacial shelves, hidden until one climbs right up to them.  Similarly, monks and contemplatives with a vocation to solitude understand that their continual practices of meditation and spacious tranquility serve as a spiritual reservoir that secretly waters the lives of all those dwelling in the city lowlands, engaged in busy, active lives.

Photo: Snow Lake with the Nokhu Crags looming above; Never Summer Range, CO; July 13, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment