Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ascribing definable qualities to masculine and feminine essences is a never-ending task!



While I'm convinced that masculine and feminine essences do indeed exist, I believe the attempt to ascribe definable qualities to each of these is an ongoing, never-finished task that requires infinite listening, constant dialogue with others, and a continual willingness to alter one's conclusions. Although I agree with the critics that the task is challenging, I do not believe that the difficulty of the endeavor justifies abandoning it. Rather, it is the very fluid and unfinished nature of the task that is its chief allure!




Photos: (Top) Sunset Alpenglow on The Grand Teton, viewed from my backcountry campsite and rendered ethereal by forest fire smoke drifting in from the Northwest; (Middle) Alpine Bog Laurel (pink), Potentilla (yellow) and American Bistort (white), with The Grand Teton basking in morning light; (Bottom) Moss Campion, Alpine Daisies and Mount Woodring from Paintbrush Divide; All photos were taken in Grand Teton National Park, WY, July 3-4, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment