Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

In my life, one of the most important qualities of the Sacred Feminine is FLOW . . .



In my life, one of the most important qualities of the Sacred Feminine - of the Goddess, Sophia, Mother Earth, Gaia - is FLOW. While I experience the Sacred Masculine - God, the Great Beyond, the Sacred Backdrop - as spacious, expansive, all-embracing stability, I find the Goddess in the energy or vitality moving within and between all things. It is She who inspires me with the leaping "aha!" of insight, and it is She who indwells my energetic passion for life and beauty. It is She who inhabits the glorious flow of Earth's convex and concave curves, who animates a woman's lovely sashaying walk, and who dances within mountain streams and waterfalls. It is She who animates the Web of Life, who works continually to join all of the seemingly disparate aspects of human interaction into a single, seamless Flow. As Merlin Stone - author of "When God Was a Woman" - once put it, goddess divinity is "the flowing energy in the very processes of life and living. Thus Goddess would not be in a person, or tree, or river, so much as she would be the actual organic process, the flow, the changes, transitions, and transformations that the person, tree, or river go through." What would I - or any of us - do without Sophia Wisdom's energizing presence?




Photos: Streams flowing in the Lion Lakes Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, June 29, 2015. The blooms are Globeflowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment