Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

For me, it takes about three days in the wilderness before societal ills lose their grip on me.


I find that it is generally sometime during the third day in the wilderness that I am finally able to let go of any personal problems arising from life in society. Or rather, it is during that time that THEY release their hold on me. During my backpacking trip this past four-day weekend, I found myself dealing with some recent disappointments over several institutions with whom I've been associated that have failed to appreciate and utilize the gifts the Creator has given me. However, I found that the vibrant beauty and wide-open alpine views of the Tetons helped me realize on a deeper level than previously that I am meant to create my own niche and really put my effort into that task. Although words can never encapsulate one's vision and calling, I'm realizing that it is necessary to give it some sort of unifying label so people can recognize it. I came a major step closer to that goal this past weekend :)




Photos: (Top) Snow Buttercups blooming in "watermelon snow" (caused by red algae blooming in the snowfields); (Middle) Mountain Dryad cushion, with Grand and Middle Teton Peaks in the background; (Bottom) Glacier Lilies growing on the shore of Lake Solitude, with Grand Teton looming in the background; All three photos were taken in Grand Teton National Park, WY on July 4-5, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment