Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Alpenglow melts all things into universal beauty as a part of their Maker.


"Things become still more impressive steeped in the divine light of the alpenglow.  All their earthiness disappears into spiritual beauty.  Then they seem neither high nor low, but melt into universal beauty as a part of their Maker."

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 166

Photo: Alpenglow, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; November 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment