Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

I wish to have my immortality now, that it be in the quality of my daily life.


"I wish to transcend my daily routine and that of my townsmen; to have my immortality now; that it be in the quality of my daily life."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Englemann Spruce cones, an unnamed lake, and  Brown's Peak just before sunset; Snowy Range, WY; September 20, 2013.  The biological immortality of the tree is in the cones; this year, there are even more on the trees than usual!








No comments:

Post a Comment