Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In a society based on distraction, imagination allows us to glow in the light of faith, hope and love.


Because people these days are distracted by innumerable plans, projects, news events and advertising campaigns, it is easy to feel invisible. How can a contemplative person - one who believes in silently RADIATING admirable qualities rather than adding to the noise by merely talking about them - even have a chance of being noticed? More and more, I find myself IMAGINING that people are excited about the things I have to give, a creative attitude which may seem disappointing at first, yet one that allows me to glow in the radiance of divine faith, hope and love. Ironically, perhaps imagination is actually more "real" than a society that insists on engaging, as we used to say, in an incessant "rat race."

Photo: Foxglove flowers at sunset, Quileute Reservation, La Push, Washington; July 26, 2013

If you'd like to give a donation to Nature Photo-Quotes, go here.  Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment