Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The fiery trials of our lives find healing when we view them against the spacious backdrop of Divine Awareness.


When I encounter trees burned in a forest fire set again a wide-open sky, I am being given a chance to see the fiery trials of my own life find healing when they are placed within a larger context.  Here, the sky is an embodiment of the vastness of divine awareness, a spacious, loving Reality in which my own consciousness participates.  If  I identify myself with this vastness rather than with the aspects of my life that have seemingly turned to ash, then I can begin to see them as transparent windows onto that vastness.  Indeed, without
the fire of trials, I would never have the motivation to look through them to the vast and loving reality Beyond.

Photo: Charred trees in the Fern Lake Burn; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; January 5, 2013 



No comments:

Post a Comment