Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, February 3, 2012

God is a servant: he will appear within whatever images we form of him!


"It is essential to make as rich and beautiful and comprehensive as possible whatever inner image you may have of God; for God comes to you in whatever image you have been able to form of Him.  The wiser and broader and more gorgeous the image, the more the grace and power can flow down from the Throne into your heart.  God says to all of us: 'I am where My servant thinks of Me.  Every servant has an image of Me; whatever image my servant forms of Me, there I will be.  I am the servant of My servant's image of Me.  Be careful then, My servants, and purify, attune, and expand your thoughts about Me, for they are My House.'"

Jelaluddin Rumi

Photo: Wildflowers on the trail up Medicine Bow Peak at sunrise, Lookout Lake in the background, Snowy Range, WY, August 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment