Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The prophet's duty is to concentrate and condense a divine Splendor which is invisibly diffused throughout the world


"Everything visible is visible because of concentration.  The breath in hot weather cannot be seen; in cold it can.  Cold concentrates it.  A prophet's duty is to concentrate and so manifest the splendor of God."

Jelaluddin Rumi

Photo: Concentrated water vapor appearing as snow on Mills Lake; Long's Peak, Keyboard of the Winds and Pagoda Peak in the background, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, February 5, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment