Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lilies are the true saints.


"On my way back to the city [Salt Lake] the next day, I met a grave old Mormon with whom I had previously held some Latter-Day discussions.  I shook my big handful of lilies in his face and shouted, 'Here are the true saints, ancient and Latter-Day, enduring forever!' After he had recovered from his astonishment, he said, 'They are nice.' "

The Contemplative John Muir, page 64

Photo: Tiger Lilies, Redwood National Park, CO, August 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment