Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sometimes it's better to HOLD ON to Divine Union than to TALK about it!


My love hides on the path where the Love-thief goes
and catches that One by the hair with my teeth.
"Who are you?" the Love-thief asks, but as I open
my mouth to say, he escapes into the desert!

Jelaluddin Rumi

Photo: Trickster-Raven in the desert, Arches National Park, UT, April 16, 2011.  Sometimes it's better to hold on to Divine Union than to talk about It!

No comments:

Post a Comment