Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, February 20, 2012

How little we know as yet of the life of plants - their hopes and fears, pains and enjoyments!


"How little we know as yet of the life of plants - their hopes and fears, pains and enjoyments!"

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 118

Photo: The first mountain bloom of this year's Spring!  I photographed this Spring-Beauty on a south facing hillside today, February 19, 2012, near Arthur's Rock in Lory State Park, CO.  The rest will start blooming in about three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment