Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Beauty Perceived from Ground-Level



I really love watching the Pasqueflowers come up each Spring in the foothills burn areas just west of my home. The contrast between immense devastation and new life never fails to impress me! While I'm photographing, It's humorous to see how many hikers pass me and ask if I'm hurt. I guess it looks rather strange to see this guy sprawled out on the ground - sometimes black with ash - hardly moving! But I prefer getting the plant's ground-view perspective on a setting rather than remaining somewhat detached - six feet off the ground!




Photos: Pasqueflowers blooming in the Hewlett Burn, Roosevelt National Forest, CO, April 4, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment