Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paintbrush blooms are Earth's caressing fingers.




When winds of the Great Beyond
penetrate the meadow-depths

the Sacred Earth caresses
her out-thrust mountain curves

in fingers of paintbrush flowers
waving lazily in the breeze

But sometimes
she gets carried away

digging her painted fingernails
into the shoulder of his sky

in a great primeval union
that rays forth all of life

Photo: Rosy Paintbrush blooms, Snowy Range, WY; June 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment