Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Silence is chock-full with meaning.


Silence is a very rich reality, full of infinite meanings.

Accordingly, I like to watch the amazing process by which silent, spacious, transparent, blissful awareness suddenly manifests as form, like sunlight diamonds appearing as though out of nowhere on a still lake surface.

I also enjoy a second process, whereby every form suddenly becomes utterly transparent to silent, spacious love, causing me to wonder how I EVER could have seen the realm of form as solid.

And I love to stay in the middle, watching in silent awe as each side shapeshifts into the other. Two mirrors facing each other, full of mirror-images, but with no originals ever present. How amazing!

Form, Emptiness and the Bliss of their mutual union; Father-Mirror and Son-Mirror with the Holy Spirit residing in between, watching the back and forth process in utter amazement.

Sat-Chit-Ananda: Being, Consciousness, Bliss

Dharmakaya (Spacious-Truth Body), Sambhogakaya (Mutual Enjoyment Body or Bliss Body), Nirmanakaya (form and matter body).

Any way you look at it, it's a three-part mystery.

Photo: Three Subalpine firs, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO February 1, 2013

Photo: Three Subalpine firs, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO February 1, 2013


Photo: Three Subalpine firs, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO February 1, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment