Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The damaged portions of our personalities are also the very things that give us beauty and character.


Gnarly old snags and intensely eroded mountains teach us that the portions of our personalities that have been damaged or killed off by the sufferings of life are the very things that also give us beauty and character.

Photo: Engelmann Spruce snag and serrated mountains on a blustery day; Rocky Mountain National Park, CO; February 15, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment