Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Why should we live with such hurry and waste of life?


"Why should we live with such hurry and waste of life? . . . Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? . . . Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo:  Canada Geese, Watson Lake and Bellvue Dome on a snowy day; Bellvue, CO; February 24, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment