Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Out of these ashes, beauty will rise.


"Out of these ashes, beauty will rise
For we know joy is coming in the morning
In the morning, beauty will rise"

Steven Curtis Chapman

Photo: This is the first Pasqueflower I've found this Spring!  It is blooming at the base of Greyrock in a meadow that burned last May;  Hewlett Burn, Roosevelt National Forest, CO; March 29, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment