Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Expressing our vision for life when circumstances seem cold and icy.


Whenever I find Snow Buttercups blooming from within a snowbank several inches thick, I experience an extra shot of faith and perseverance.  It seems that the point of the universe is the experience of awe, wonder and surprise, and what is more surprising than the capacity to start expressing our vision for life when circumstances all around seem cold and icy?

Photo: Snow Buttercups, American Lakes, Never Summer Range, CO; July 8, 2013









No comments:

Post a Comment