Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wyoming's Snowy Range is still relatively undiscovered.


I find it amazing that the Snowy Range is still relatively undiscovered.  Though small, this area in southeast Wyoming contains some of the most dramatic mountain scenery in the West, including dozens of lakes, all lying within several miles of each other.  The overall effect on the human spirit is a feeling of vastness and intimacy, spaciousness and intricate beauty. I've often thought that this unique landscape of white quartzite peaks is worthy of being declared a National Monument, though that would of course bring a lot more crowds to the area.  For now, enthusiasts come mostly from Laramie, with a few of us visiting from northern Colorado.

Photo: Parry Primrose, white quartzite blocks, and the cliffs of Medicine Bow Peak; Snowy Range, WY; July 15, 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment