Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

There is no way of telling people that they are all walking around shining like the sun.



"Yesterday, in Louisville, at the corner of Fourth and Walnut, suddenly I realized that I loved all the people and that none of them were or could be totally alien to me.  As if waking from a dream - a dream of my separateness . . . But it cannot be explained. There is no way of telling people that they are all walking around shining like the sun."

Thomas Merton, 1958

Photo: Redosier Dogwood Leaf with the Needles in the background; Elephant Canyon, Canyonlands National Park, UT; November 24, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment