Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

In God's wildness lies the hope of the world.


"In God's wildness lies the hope of the world, the great fresh unblighted, unredeemed wilderness.  The galling harness of civilization drops off, and the wounds heal 'ere we are aware."

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 208

Photo: Pasqueflowers on the Greyrock Trail, Roosevelt National Forest, CO, March 31, 2012.  If you are interested in Stephen Hatch's new book, go here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment