Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A love affair with a pile of rock


"What's the use: no matter where I go, what I do, I can't get the canyon country out of my heart.  A love affair with a pile of rock.  Will I never be content until I make my home on the rim of Utah . . . ?  Guess not."

Edward Abbey

Photo:  Balanced Rock and the La Sal Mountains blush in evening alpenglow, Arches National Park, UT; April 21, 2012.  When Abbey worked as a park ranger at Arches and wrote "Desert Solitaire," he lived near this spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment