Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Monday, April 1, 2013

During times of stress, we need to turn within.


Yesterday, I discovered this group of Pasqueflowers with their petals wide open to the sun. However, several hours later it rained, and when I went by again, the flowers were now closed.




Like the Pasqueflower, it is important for us to turn inward and be nourished by our spiritual core - rooted in God - during times of stress. Only in this way will we find the strength to face life's challenges from a place of depth and spaciousness, a realm of our being which goes deeper and broader than the level on which our problems occur.

Photo: Pasqueflowers, Horsetooth Mountain Park, Larimer County, CO; March 30, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment