Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Though finite, we are nevertheless able to reflect the vast and infinite Ground of Being.


While looking for a place to photograph the sunrise, I came upon this sandstone pothole filled with rainwater from the previous day's storm.  Measuring only about three feet long by two feet wide, it nevertheless was able to reflect the massive Courthouse Towers, which tower hundreds of feet above the valley floor.  However, I didn't discover the reflection until I placed my head almost next to the ground.  Isn't it amazing that each of us is somehow able to mirror the infinity of the Divine, even though we may seem small and insignificant?  All that is needed is an attitude of inner stillness and receptivity, and a sustained practice of resting on the Ground of Being.

Photo: Arches National Park, UT; April 21, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment