Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Spiritual Life Fosters Perpetual Astonishment.


"Rumi says that because the universe is reinvented in every second, . . . real divine life is a perpetual series of astonishments which goes on right until the 'last moment' and beyond."

Andrew Harvey

I feel very grateful for the 28 inches of snow we've received here in northern Colorado over the past ten days.  We went from being in an extreme drought just last week to having nearly 100% of our average snowpack!  Who would have ever guessed this would happen in April!

Photo: Horsetooth Falls and snow-clothed Ponderosa Pines; Horsetooth Mountain Park, CO; April 23, 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment