Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Windows and doors in Nature offer us the sense that we are about to enter a new and exciting realm of possibility.


Part of the reason why we are drawn to windows and doors carved in rock, I believe, is because we relish the sense that there is some other reality beckoning to us from the other side.  We love the possibility that we are about to enter a new realm, one that will stimulate our creativity, increase our fulfillment, and make us once again feel fully alive.

Photo: Desert Paintbrush blooming against a backdrop of "The Windows"; Arches National Park, UT; April 19, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment