Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, April 26, 2013

The spirit of sunrise causes us to be soft and youthful.


The quality of light at sunrise is wonderfully soft, and richly able to reveal the subtle hues of the landscape.  Similarly, when we approach each moment of our lives as a sort of sunrise, we become soft and youthful rather than hardened and bitter.  This attitude in turn encourages a sense of adventure in us. Like a child, we notice the subtle beauty of each thing and every event.  Thus, we are never tempted to claim: "Oh, I've seen THAT before."

Photo: Dwarf Evening-Primrose and the Courthouse Towers, Arches National Park, UT; April 21, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment