Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I love to imagine the sources of the water flowing through my veins.


I'm enjoying envisioning the various sources of the water that flows through my veins this very minute.  Oceans, mountaintops, alpine streams, mountain marshes filled with wildflowers, rock gorges - all of it.  And then to practice embodying the dignity of those places as I move throughout my day.  I think I would manifest my best self more often if I remembered to do this on a regular basis.

Photo: Wild Currant leafing out next to Horsetooth Falls, roaring with the melt produced by the 28 inches of snow we've had this past 10 days!  Horsetooth Mountain Park, CO; April 26, 2013









No comments:

Post a Comment