Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

A knitted piece made with love is much more than simply an article of clothing!


I find it so soothing to watch Joanne knit in a multitude of different settings. Last weekend, she worked her magic amidst charred trees in a recent burn. This past weekend, she sat by a calm lake. Whoever receives one of her scarves as a gift is most assuredly getting more than simply an article of clothing! Woven into that piece is an artwork composed of Joanne's attitudes of love, mindfulness and peace, together with the energies of all of the wild landscapes where her knitting is done!

Photo: Joanne knitting on the shore of Horsetooth Reservoir, Larimer County, CO, December 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment