Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Silent Night is Filled with Divine Listening



The "Silence" inherent in the Silent Night of Christmas Eve is a rich reality containing perhaps an endless number of meanings. Among these is the realization that Silence embodies the listening of God - a silent expectancy that enables all things to spring forth into being.




We know that when others listen to us with love and respect, especially when they seek to LEARN from us, our own sense of dignity and self-confidence comes to birth in a new way. This is even more true of the listening of God. Divine listening - a silence in which the Source seeks perpetually to LEARN from us - enables our own creative insights to spring forth as though out of nowhere. To alter Descartes' famous dictim: "I am listened-to; therefore, I am." Such is the enormous power of Divine listening.




Photos: Various scenes from the Gem Lake Trail, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, December 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment