Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Nature's modes work towards beauty and joy!



One of the things I love about wintertime is the endless variation of ice patterns that form on alpine lakes. To me it is amazing that the most basic element of life - water - takes so many beautiful forms. Indeed, as John Muir says, "Nature's modes work towards beauty and joy!"




Photos: (Top and Bottom Left) Ice patterns on Lake Agnes, Never Summer Range, CO, December 12, 2014; (Bottom Right) Ice patterns on Dream Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, December 8, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment