Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

In silence God is heard, in silence worshipped best.


"God far exceeds all words
that we can here express
In silence He is heard,
in silence worshipped best."

Angelus Silesius,
17th century Germany




Photos: (Top) Aspen tree, with Hallett Peak looming in the mist, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, December 19, 2014; (Middle) Aspen tree and Long's Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, December 19, 2014; (Bottom) Nokhu Crags and snow patterns, Never Summer Range, CO, December 12, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment