Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Behold, my brothers, the spring has come. The earth has received the embrace of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of that love!


"Behold, my brothers, the spring has come, 
The earth has received the embrace of the sun
And we shall soon see the results of that love!

Every seed is awakened and so has all animal life.
It is through this mysterious power that we too have our being
And we therefore yield to our neighbors . . .
The same rights as ourselves, to inhabit this land."

Sitting Bull
Hunkpapa Lakota Chief

Photo: New leaves appear on a cottonwood tree, Mary Jane Canyon, near Moab, UT, April 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment