Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

When true simplicity is gained, to bow and to bend we shall not be ashamed.


When true simplicity is gained,
To bow and to bend we shall not be ashamed;
To turn, turn, will be our delight,
'Til by turning, turning, we come 'round right.

From the Shaker hymn "Simple Gifts," written by Elder Joseph Brackett in 1848 in Alfred, Maine

Photo: Snag with Comanche Peak from the West Ridge in Lory State Park, CO, March 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment