Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

God's eyes are painting fields again


The sun's eyes are painting fields again.
 Its lashes with expert strokes
Are sweeping across the land
 A great palette of light has embraced
This earth . . .
God's eyes are painting fields again . . .

Hafiz
14th century


I am because You look at me . . .
Life eternal is nothing other than that blessed regard
with which You never cease
most lovingly to behold me . . .
With You, to behold is to give life . . .
 Feed me with Your gaze, O Lord . . .
For with You to see is to cause.

Nicholas of Cusa
15th century

To sit and look at light-filled leaves
May let us see, or seem to see . . .
Time when the Maker's radiant sight
Made radiant every thing He saw,
And every thing He saw was filled
With perfect joy and life and light.

Wendell Berry

Photo:  Feathery Mountain-mahogany seeds glow silver in last light, Lory State Park, CO, February 21, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment