Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Let us have the thoughts of God in silence and solitude, far from stupefying noises and vice, far from ourselves.


"What nobler employment can we engage in than having the thoughts of God in silence and solitude as best we can, where the manifestations of His power are barest, far from stupefying noises and vice, far from ourselves . . .?"

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 238

Photo: Two Rivers Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, March 9, 2012.  Here is a link to The Contemplative John Muir.

No comments:

Post a Comment