Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The warm blood of God flows through mountain granites.


"The warm blood of God through all the geologic days of volcanic fire & through all the glacial winters great & small flows through these mountain granites, flows through these frozen streams, flows through trees living and fallen, flows through death itself."

The Contemplative John Muir, p. 172

Photo: Alpenglow on Long's Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO, March 9, 2012.  If you are interested in my book - "The Contemplative John Muir," go to http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-contemplative-john-muir/18858846

No comments:

Post a Comment