Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Our mind is part of God's mind. Our mind is part of Nature, part of God.


"Everyone is sacred.  You're sacred and I'm sacred.  Every time you blink your eye, or I blink my eye, God blinks His eye.  God sees through your eyes and my eyes.  We are sacred . . . I know God is with me.  I believe in God's power . . . That's God's power we're thinking with. It's God's mind.  Our mind is part of God's mind.  Our mind is part of Nature, part of God.  To Indians, Nature is God and God is Nature.  So when I work for my people, I'm working for God, I'm working for Nature.  Who are YOU working for?"

Noble Red Man (Mathew King), Lakota Elder

Photo: The Badlands - sacred land of the Lakota - at sunset, Badlands National Park, SD, May 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment