Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Something never dreamed of in the desert has found us.


"I can see for miles into the 'strange mystic unknown' Southwest . . . Something never dreamed of, I have found, or IT has found me . . .

"On Gawd: This citified religion is no blame good; if they can't find him (Gawd) in the woods or swamps or mountains, or along the seashore or in the desert, they sure as hell won't find him in their stinking old theological libraries.

Edward Abbey

Photo: Plains Prickly-pear cactus with the cliffs of Zion Canyon in the background; near Observation Point, Zion National Park, UT; May 26, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment