Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I want to love the things as no one has thought to love them, until they're real and ripe and worthy of You!


"Dear darkening ground, . . .
Just give me a little more time!
I want to love the things
as no one has thought to love them,
until they're real and ripe and worthy of you.

I want only seven days, seven
on which no one has ever written himself -
seven pages of solitude . . ."

Rainer Maria Rilke

Photo: Last light glows at Vedauwoo, Medicine Bow National Forest, WY; November 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment