Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, November 16, 2012

The greatest occasion will be the slowest to come.


"I believe there are people now living who have never opened their mouths in a public assembly, in whom nevertheless there is such a well of eloquence that the appetite of any age could never exhaust it; who pine for an occasion worthy of them, and will pine till they are dead . . . The age may well go pine itself that it cannot put to use this gift of the gods.  These people live on, still unconcerned, not needing to be used.  The greatest occasion will be the slowest to come."

Henry David Thoreau

Photo: Sunset at Vedauwoo, Medicine Bow National Forest, WY; November 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment