Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Nature photography elicits a sense of hope for a better future.


"I am not afraid of beauty, of poetry, of sentiment. I think it is just as important to bring to people the evidence of the beauty of the world of nature and of man as it is to give them a 'document' of ugliness, squalor, and despair. For every grim image of Harlem there should be some buoyant truthful image of a hopeful society and some image of the natural scene . . . Is there no way photography can be used to suggest a better life?"

Ansel Adams, responding to those who critiqued his work as having little social significance

Photo: Golden Columbines, Glacier National Park, MT; August 1, 2013
If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!










No comments:

Post a Comment