Welcome! I am a contemplative thinker and photographer from Colorado. In this blog, you'll discover photographs that I've taken on my hiking and backpacking trips, mostly in the American West. I've paired these with my favorite inspirational and philosophical quotes - literary passages that emphasize the innate spirituality of the natural world. I hope you enjoy them!

If you'd like to purchase photo-quote greeting cards, please go to www.NaturePhoto-QuoteCards.com .


In the Spirit of Wildness,

Stephen Hatch
Fort Collins, Colorado

P.S. There's a label index at the bottom of the blog.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The time change that occurred last night initiates a shift in our state of consciousness.



For me, the time change that occurred last night initiates a whole new state of mind, especially spiritually.  I go from an expansive mode - where my identity seems to dissolve OUTWARD into the vast, sacred web of life - to a more INWARD mode, where I feel embraced by the Divine Presence welling up from the endlessly deep abyss of my spirit.  Practice-wise, it's a transition from the more sky-based Insight Meditation to the more depth-based Contemplative Prayer.  The change to having to wear more fleeces and coats furthers the sense of moving inward and being-embraced by the Divine.  This is a time of spiritual intimacy, one that moves me increasingly toward the Christmas imagery of the contemplative Silent Night.

Photo: Shadows, Arthur's Rock and Narrowleaf Cottonwoods, Lory State Park, CO; October 27, 2013

If you'd like to make a donation to help fund Nature Photo-Quotes, please go here.  Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment